All Massachusetts residents who reside in cities and towns
with state certified libraries may borrow or request
materials from the Leominster Public Library.
Residents of communities with closed or decertified
libraries may not borrow or request materials.
Anyone wishing to borrow materials will need a library card
issued either by the Leominster Public Library or by another
public C/W MARS member library in Central
Click here to find out how to get a library
If any item you are looking for has been borrowed by someone
else or is not owned by the library, we can obtain it for
you through network transfer/inter-library loan. Ask a Librarian for more
For your convenience, the library has two bookdrops open
24/7. One is
located to the left of the Pearl Steet Entrance and the
other is located in the small service driveway on West
Street side of the building.
• DVDs and videos circulate for 7 days.
• New books circulate for 14 days.
• Other library materials circulate for 21 days.
• Items like museum passes, art prints and science kits have
special loan periods.
• Leominster Public Library materials can be renewed once.
Other libraries may allow additional renewals for their materials
• There is a limit of 50 items at a time per library card.
• You can borrow up to 10 items at one time in each of the
following categories: CDs, DVDs.
• To avoid fines, you must renew or return items to the
before the close of business on the date that they
• DVDs or videos— $1.00 per day, maximum $5.00 per item.
• Other library materials—10˘ per day, maximum $3.00 per
• Items like museum passes, art prints and science kits –
• Items borrowed from other libraries— different fines may
• Once your fines reach $10.00, your library borrowing
privileges are suspended.
• Senior Citizens are not charged overdue fines for items
circulated from the
Leominster Public Library.
Overdue and Damaged Materials
• You will receive a bill
for materials overdue by more than four weeks.
At this time your library
borrowing privileges are suspended until the material
is returned or its replacement
• You are responsible for the cost of replacing lost or